Saturday, March 29, 2008

this very moment is a new moment

I’m thinking that this very moment is a new moment & a perfect time to start fresh.
Right now.
However, before I do so, I would like to have one last meal – a blow out of a meal, to get whatever is bothering me out of my system. So, how about a virtual fantasy – let’s do some indulging to get IT out of our system. How about we all bring to our virtual table the things we would love to eat for our last meal. Here are the rules: let your hair down & there are no points, however, healthy choices MUST be utilized (i.e., if it’s an ice cream sundae, it must be a portion – not the gallon).
Here’s my last spread: I’ll start with the end piece of cake (which covers double icing), fresh bun with double veggie burgers & cheese. Extra crispy (double fried) French fries. Chips, salsa, baked beans – with molasses & potato salad. Perhaps I’ll have some cookies, or whatever else is in sight on my virtual table.
Bon Appetite!
Xoxoxo miss gaily

5 comments:

melba toast said...

my virtual meal- chips and salsa,chicken fajita with the works, sauteed onions and peppers, cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo,quacamole, spanish rice and refried beans. And for dessert a large rootbeer gelati from rita's.
that was a great virtual dinner

Stolidoli said...

I want a virtual breakfast. EGGS BENEDICT. I'll also have some fruit on the side, and lots of crispy bacon. Orange juice, tea, milk, oh, and a crepe with berries, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. And more bacon.

Dionne said...

My virtual last meal: I would start with a huge plate of nacho's, (chips, cheese, beans, meat, more cheese, salsa), and then chicken enchaladas with a side of refried beans and spanish rice, I would of course be drinking a Cuervo Margarita on the rocks with lots of salt. Then I would head over to Dairy Queen and have a butter finger blizzard. yummmmmm

bridget said...

ok - i dreamed of this all day yesterday...when i checked the blog yesterday (for a few minutes) i felt i did not have the appropriate time to respond to this request, so i waited until i had more time, which never surfaced yesterday!! really, is the weekend really over??!!??

I was actually planning an entire day of food, until i chatted with miss mel on the phone and she informed me it was only one meal - deflated me, but eventually my imagination kick-started....

dinner...a fried appetizer platter - must have poppers and wings on it! since it's my virtual meal - it will have ONLY poppers and wings on it, oh yeah and skins! i believe my cocktail is a mai-tai (will try to limit to 3 for the meal) -- didn't want to pick an ordinary rum&coke for my virtual meal! mai-tai was my honeymoon drink!

a huge steak with cheesy au gratin potatoes, with sides of crisy steak fries & garlic mashed potatoes!

dessert would probably have to be a cake from Weinrich's Bakery...i miss living walking distance from this bakery - the best flipping frosting in the world!!!!

ok - i must now go find a rag to wipe up my puddle of spit on my computer ;)

Mindy said...

Hmmmm, the possibilities are endless. OK - I would have shrimp cocktail for an appetizer (with MANY SHRIMP), homemade macaroni and cheese (or the stuff from Abner's - thanks to Julie...), good bread, a steak with onions and mushrooms, doused in A-1, mashed potatoes with butter, sour cream, and chives, and a slice of yellow cake with chocolate icing. Heavy on the icing. YUMMMMMMM!